Growth Strategist: strategic execution of innovative opportunities
As Lead Growth Strategist, you are part of the strategic thinkers within our team, developing and validating new strategic opportunities for SME target segment. This requires knowledge and insight into the SME ecosystem of digital services that go beyond traditional banking products. We are constantly looking to help SMEs improve their business performance and seek out data-driven solutions. You thrive to build business cases and to develop the action plans to materialize on the identified potential.
Your primary focus will be to develop and validate the business potential of innovative solutions for the SME community. This requires you to think outside the box, be on top of market developments, develop hypotheses, develop data driven insights and to set KPIs to measure progress. Furthermore, we look for someone who is a team player and who has experience in managing a young talented team.
You will join a team consisting of a variety of roles, including:
Joost Lobbes, product owner: “I really like working in a team setup like Team Metis. The culture is much more result oriented and the pace is much higher than I was used to. I love it!”.
The customer comes first, always. Within the Strategy & Innovation domain, we work in a very high-pace dynamic environment where we value validated, customer-driven insights above all else. Being part of our team requires an inquisitive nature, interest in innovation and start-up development, knowledge of Fintech developments and opportunities. And last but not least, the courage to think disruptively about transforming the way we deliver value to the SME community.
What you can expect
- High degree of freedom and responsibility in developing and executing of hands-on strategic actions that improve our proposition day-by-day;
- Developing and presenting data-driven business cases to advice and influence leadership on the strategic course of action with regard to expanding our value proposition scope;
- Strong focus on growing our potential customer base and potential feature scope in order to maximize our impact on the SME ecosystem;
- Ownership developing new and improving insightful solutions on cashflow management and merging banking and business into one, in order to help SMEs save time, save money or help them grow;
- Improve new innovative ‘Beyond-Banking’ solutions in line with our strategy and drive implementation to raise awareness and increase relevance for SMEs;
- Optimize strategic direction of our focus on driving SMEs growth, and develop insights in line with our ecosystem strategy that trigger initiatives to collaborate with 3rd parties to help our SMEs grow their business;
- Developing a young talented team
What we expect
- 5 to 10 years working experience;
- A proven track-record in development and execution of digital and innovation strategy either at an in-house strategy team, a (financial) scale-up, or at a tier-1 consultancy firm;
- Strong motivation to create value for the SME landscape and helping entrepreneurs develop their businesses;
- Affinity and knowledge of the SME market and its dynamics;
- Combine quantitative and qualitative insights to determine market needs and opportunities;
- A proven track-record in developing data-driven business models;
- Experience in innovation methodologies and principles like lean-startup and you know how to apply and integrate lean-startup principles within the team;
- Experience in corporate venturing and/or innovation management and with innovation instruments like accelerators and incubators;
- A good understanding of the financial industry, new business models and organizational development;
- Strong affinity with new technologies and new ways of working. Good understanding of BigTech, FinTech and/or open banking is a big plus;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, ability to measure and analyze data and turn this into practical insights;
- A proven track-record in managing ambitious professionals;
- Positive presence, fun to work with and a passion to drive change & execution;
- At Rabobank we encourage our employees to make a contribution to society beyond their professional career
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- As part of a project with Humanitas, we help people who are experiencing financial difficulties in getting their household finances in order.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland (the Dutch Council for Refugees), we help 1,500 refugees find a suitable job.